Recently, I got the amazing opportunity to do a collaboration with the ever-awesome Smile Brilliant and their incredibly super simple at-home teeth whitening system. I’m now truly obsessed.
When I was in middle school, I wore braces for two years. After that, I had always felt super confident and great about my smile. In photos, I never minded my smile and I always thought it was pretty and I would get complemented on what a bright and natural smile I had.
I did, however, start to become a little more conscious about how dull and dingy the color of my teeth were getting. I would always see girls on social media or on TV or even some of my own friends that would have super bright pearly white colored teeth and although I knew that people in magazines or on Instagram likely had their teeth Photoshopped to look whiter, I always felt a bit envious, still. I had never done any professional whitening because I just knew it was out of my budget and I was embarrassed to even make an appointment at the dentist. Plus I always get nervous there and feel like I’m being judged for my coffee breath and salad inevitably growing in between my teeth.
When I got my whitening kit in the mail from Smile Brilliant, I skimmed through the directions and thought “oh, that’s it?!”. Here is the ridiculously easy method of how it works:
I’d also like to note that using this at-home method was the perfect Monday night wind-down while watching the Bachelorette, online shopping, and doing my gel nails – I forgot I was even whitening.
- Take an imprint of your teeth using the clay mold sent to you
- Send back the imprint using a self addressed envelope that is enclosed in your kit
- When your custom trays come back, add a thin layer of whitening gel to the top and bottom molds and leave in for about 45-60 minutes (or up to 3 hours)
- Take trays out and and rinse them
- Brush teeth as normal
- If needed – add a thin layer of desensitizing gel to trays and put back in for about 20 minutes
And that’s it! I started to see results in about 10-12 days (everyone is different on this though). Smile Brilliant made me feel like my brighter smile matched my bubbly personality. I found myself not zooming in on photos and selfies anymore to criticize how dingy my teeth were looking. I am no longer interested in comparing my smile and teeth color to celebrities on the internet or social media profiles and then feeling bad about the appearance of my smile.
I’d also like to add my five FAVORITE things about the Smile Brilliant Whitening System:
- They’re vegan and cruelty-free!
- The included step-by-step guide made the entire process brilliantly quick and easy
- The Desensitizing Gel. Lifesaver.
- The permanent results. Rather than surface whitening like most systems, this one lifts deep stains altogether.
- You keep your custom trays forever and just order more whitening gel when needed. Bonus time and cost savings.
I just adore Smile Brilliant – that is the honest truth.
I am confident. I am brighter. I am smilier.
Post sponsored by Smile Brilliant. All whitening opinions are completely my own.