My favorite social media app – hands down – is Instagram. It’s quick to scroll through to pass some time and I find tons of inspiration for various things on it. I’ve redecorated rooms in my home according to Insta posts I’ve coveted. I’ve planned solo trips across the country via Instagram photos of hotels and hiking trails I otherwise never would have found. I’ve won contests and prizes and have even exchanged messages with some celebs! I’m very much a visual person and love seeing what inspires others and incorporating it into my daily routines (say, for fitness goals). Pretty, cohesive, and interesting accounts are visually pleasing to the eye and my inner creative spirit loves to run with ideas from photos and layouts that I scroll through.
A great layout/account will inspire you to take a trip you’ve wanted to do, change a lifestyle routine that isn’t working, give you motivation to start a project you’ve been putting off. Maybe finding someone with your same sense of humor can brighten your day and turn it around in an instant when you come across a post that actually makes you laugh out loud.
Here are some of my faves for:
- Beauty – @_sassafrass / @_stephanielange_ / @jadeywadey180 / @herbivorebotanicals
- Hair – @behindthechair_com / @guy_tang / @olaplex
- Style – @lulus / @liketoknow.it / @whowhatwear
- Food – @naturally.jo / @pressedjuicery / @milktraincafe / @buzzfeedfood
- Travel – @timeouthomes / @cntraveler / @jacksondematos / @travelandleisure / @prettylittletrips
- Shopping – @targetdoesitagain / @hautelook / @nordstromrack
- Home Decor – @thriftstoreaddict / @prettypennystyling / @mydomaine / @apartmenttherapy / @westelm
- Fitness Inspo – @erinoprea / @beachbody / @chelseablush / @nikewomen
- Creative Ideas – @abeautifulmess / @mrkatedotcom /
- Overall Lifestyle – @sophieelkus / @caraloren / @jillian.harris / @anthropologie / @happilygrey
- Just to Make Me Smile – @sukiicat / @crazyjewishmom / @chipgaines / @ihavethisthingwithfloors / @bethennyfrankel